50 Years Ago This Month...
50 years ago this month (April) these were the Top 10 Rock and Roll singles and the Top 10 Rhythm and Blues singles. Of these groups and artists, who or which came from Ohio?
Rock and Roll:
10) I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry-BJ Thomas
9) Kicks-Paul Revere & The Raiders
8) Time Won't Let Me-Outsiders
7) Ballad of the Green Berets-S/Sgt. Barry Sadler
6) 19th Nervous Breakdown-Rolling Stones
5) Secret Agent Man-Johnny Rivers
4) Good Lovin'-Young Rascals
3) Bang Bang-Cher
2) Daydream-Lovin' Spoonful
1) (You're My) Soul & Inspiration-Righteous Brothers
10) Love Makes the World Go Round-Deon Jackson
9) She Blew a Good Thing-Poets
8) Ain't That A Groove-James Brown
7) The Love You Save-Joe Tex
6) The Old Heart of Mine-Isley Brothers
5) Satisfaction-Otis Redding
4) Baby Scratch My Back-Slim Harpo
3) One More Heartache-Marvin Gaye
2) Get Ready-Temptations
1) 634-5789-Wilson Pickett
Stay Sick! Turn Blue!
Is there any better reason to attend the Class of '67 50th Class Reunion than the possibility of winning this awesome book "Ghoulardi, Inside Cleveland TV's Wildest Ride"? This is one of many attendance prizes you could possibly win. I'm excited, are you? Mark your calendar, share your thoughts on what you would like to hear and see (and eat) June 23-25. Hope you are all well. Keep in touch: email@example.com.
- Classmates and Friends: A function of getting older is the necessity to be flexible. I have learned this, many times, the hard way. I chalk this announcement up to my need to be more flexible and to hear the voices of concern regarding decisions I have made. Let me be brief. Several class members voiced concern over the proposed Class Reunion date of June 16-18, 2017. Of greatest concern, Father's Day falls on the 18th. Graduation concerns for earlier in the month have led to a decision (and this is firm) to hold Reunion Weekend on June 23, 24 and 25th. I will be in Wooster mid-August signing a contract for the Wooster Inn Outdoor Pavilion (June 24). This date is being held for us. If you know of any classmates who are not registered on this Class of 1967 website, or who are not a member of the Class of 67 FB Master Mix group, please let me know. This fall we will kick-off "Find Our Classmates" effort. I intend to travel to Wooster on a fairly regular basis to meet with class members and get their feedback. I will be sending updates to those of us who live in the far territories and seeking your input as well. Take care everyone! DJ
Take a moment to view this awesome video from the Student Body of Wooster High School. Go Woo!
https://vimeo.com/144110784 (Highlight the link and right click to be directed to the video)
And for those of you who are residents of Wooster, help the rest of us, out of area, understand the context of this video. Thanks. DJ